I have been nominated for (Drum roll) The Liebster Award. My first nomination was by Beaton on the 17th September 2015. The second nomination was by Odenbk on the 19th of October. They are both nominees of this Prestigious Award. Find out all about what Beaton did to get nominated for the award at Becoming the Muse. OdenBK can be found at OdenBK, My Life, My Testimony. Then you may understand how I came to be nominated too. I thank these two for nominating me. I guess I must be doing something right.
This post has been pending since the very first nomination. I had to publish it today, lest I got more nominations. This is my very first nomination of any kind, and I wanted the post to be perfect. I have spent so many 5ams’ working on this.
I shall proceed to answer the relevant questions and maybe add a few of my own. For a list of how the original questions were please refer to the two earlier mentioned blogs. You are free to choose these questions and also add a few variations of your own I believe.
1. What is the story behind your blog name?
I always woke up at five am. My mind would rush all over and I would think of too many things. Facebook would not allow me to air out my feelings accurately without people judging me. I decided to start the blog and to tweet. I didn’t care how many followers I had or even if anyone read the post. As long as I emptied my mind and made room for many more thoughts.
2. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I started the blog to talk to myself. Like I said before, it was a way to let some steam out. It was also a way to showcase my exploits, my experiences and to share my humor and jokes. Yes It has turned out to be very therapeutic and the feeling of publishing to world gives a thrill which is incomparable.
3. What was your favourite class in High School?
I loved Physics, Chemistry and History classes. I am a natural scientist; so the science classes are not a surprise. The history classes were because I could relate the events and places from my Historical Novels.
4. Favourite books?
The first book is my favourite. The ones following are in no particular order.
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchel
- Anthills of the Savanna by Chinua Achebe
- The Testament by John Grisham
- The Sands of Time by Sidney Sheldon
- Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembgwa
- Fire Starter by Stephen King
- Barika remashefu (a shona novel)
But these are a few of my favourite books. This was a difficult question.
5. Favourite movie?
Gone in 60 seconds
6. What three things would you take to a desert island with you?
- My laptop with huge speakers and an internet connection
- Solar system for my speakers and laptop
- Alcohol; an infinite supply
7. If aliens invaded the planet why would you be the first they should take.
I tell good jokes and stories; and I know a good lot about this Planet. I am a goldmine of information
8. The first blogs I ever read
The very first blog I ever read was VaChihera. It was written by Lister Chapeta a high school friend and has since been decommissioned. She sent me the link and it was an amazing read. The second one was Pfimbi Yangu, found at pfimbiyangu.wordpress.com. This one is written by Tinotenda Hondo, another high school classmate. It was recommended to me by a Kenyan classmate and I was excited to be reading something by a person I know and was impressed that a fellow Zimbabwean was breaking the boarder barriers and reaching out to other nationalities. The good thing is these are the people who I used to read novels with in high school. Some of us always declared that we would write someday and these two women did it. They inspired me to write too.
9. Pictures or Words?
I prefer words. I have never been a fan of pictures whether they are still or moving. I am the type of girl that reads the book and wouldn’t mind skipping the movie. I first read Sherlock Holmes, Bond, Bourne, Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew before I watched the pictures. I can safely say my imagination is more vivid than the motion pictures. I would rather listen to the radio than watch a music video. This is why you may never see any pictures on my blog, save that of boots in the ‘Hanging the Boots’ post. I was still young in the business and still trying to figure my way around the block.
10. One word that covers me completely
- Words of Scarlette
- My Matatu Chronicles
- Random Thoughts
- Random Musings of a Drama Queen
- Ankit Mishra
- Are we there yet
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.